Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cake on a Special Day

Happy Birthday, Anatole!
Today is a special day, so I am making cake and then we are going to eat it! mmmm.
I'm trying out this awesome Caramel Cake with Caramel Frosting and Chocolate Glaze recipe. I may forego the extra layers on account of me being a bit lazy. Nah, the real reason is because I cracked the cake a bit when I flipped it out of the pan so it is quite fragile. I mixed pastry flour with the all purpose flour because I wanted to see if this would make the cake moister, which might be why it was so delicate. In the past I have made cakes that I felt could be better if they were more moist. I would consider this cake a winner if it was moist and tasted delicious, despite having less layers. The birthday boy would never know that I skimped out on the extra layers anyway.
Pics to come soon.

P.S. It is also my sister's birthday. But I bought her a cake. Hey, don't judge me. It's her husbands job to bake her the cake. Maybe next year I will bake two. So Happy Birthday to two very important people in my life.

No comments: