Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back from Slacking

It's been so long since I've had a new post that I almost forgot how to do it.
But lucky for you readers, I didn't.
It's been nearly 2 months since the last post...this is not atypical as I've done this before. Usually, the reason was because I was too busy or had nothing to post. But I have been out and about doing things, but I could not get myself to blog or even take pictures of what I have been up to. Sheer laziness this time.

So since February I've obviously baked and cooked. I have even travelled!
I tried out a new banana bread recipe using nearly black bananas. Because I have just recently read on numerous blogs and sites that bananas ripened until they are black is the secret to moist banana bread. The recipe I tried the first time around didn't quite measure up to expectations. It was moist, but I'm not sure if it was because it was supposed to be that way or if it was underbaked. Attempt 2 will take place this week and results will be documented.

But last night was a success story! My first time using my deep fryer to make Spicy Fried Chicken. I think it turned out pretty well.


Bonus pictures!

Today's lunch - Cracked peppercorn turkey sandwich with Lars spicy brown mustard (soooo good), swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers on a Brooklyn Bread bagel. Lately, I can only imagine eating sandwiches from fresh baked breads/bagels...so I got some fresh bagels from the neighborhood.
And look how beautiful Turkey is!

1 comment:

yssi said...

omg fried chicken *drooool*